Hello, Patchogue! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Wednesday.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A little rain in the morning. High: 47 Low: 30.
Here are the top 4 Patchogue stories today:
- A plan to enforce the mask’s mandate is in the works. Part of the strategy is to create “checkpoints” in some businesses to enforce the use of indoor masks. Dr David Battinelli of Northwell Health claims that wearing masks prevents transmission of the virus and that the omicron variant is more transmissible than the Delta variant. (News12)
- The village of Patchogue has established a pedestrian education program and a collection of safety vests, officials said. After fatal accidents in the area, including one involving the death of a child, the Chamber of Commerce, the Patchogue-Medford Public Library and the Police Department are contacting unions and contractors for donated safety vests. (Room)
- Experts at Stony Brook Medicine’s Post-COVID Clinic discussed long-term effects and approaches to care. Most people with COVID recover within a few weeks, but some experience long-term effects. The clinic will help people with symptoms and will monitor patients for any late effects of COVID-19 infection. (TBRNews)
- Are you looking for a job in the Patchogue region? Patch has you covered! Take a look at the latest job offers from Patchogue. (Patch Patch)
Today’s Patchogue Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Large Patchogue: “Barstool Sports is high on The Hero Joint, with locations in Bay Shore and Patchogue!” (Facebook)
- Patchogue-Medford Library: “Happy Holidays from the Carnegie Chorals! These teens trained for weeks and performed outside the Carnegie Library last Friday night. So we congratulate them for their hard work and for helping to spread the joy. in this holiday season! ” (Facebook)
- Holy Angels Regional School – Patchogue: “Congratulations to all the participants of the Gingerbread House! We all received a free dress down day on Wednesday Jan. 5! ” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, North Patchogue: “Anyone know a good dentist who takes Medicare or Medicaid? Thanks – Need a dentist in my area who takes my ins” (Nextdoor)
- Joseph from the Nextdoor Community Team, Nextdoor New York: “CDC COVID-19 Holiday Safety Message – Neighbors, This Holiday Season Protect Your Family, Friends, and Communities by Doing Your Part to Slow the Spread of COVID-19: Get Vaccinated and a Booster When You Do are eligible. “(The next door)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- College financial aid 1 of 1– Patchogue library. (December 22)
- LIEOC ESOL Classes of Ingles Nivel 1- Patchogue Library. (December 22)
- In line Vinyasa Yoga Before work. (December 23)
- Add your event
Do you like patchogue on a daily basis? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are all taken for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.