PITTSBURG – Duquesne’s men’s and women’s tennis programs earned 2022 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Varsity Team accolades this week. This is the sixth consecutive year that both teams have been honored.
Twelve Dukes were also named 2022 ITA Scholar-Athletes, including the eight female student-athletes on the 2021-22 women’s tennis team. All 12 recipients were recipients.
On the men’s side, Alejandro Rodriguez Vidal, Kaipo Marshall and Bode Vance were honored for the second time as Jin Dassanayake was honored for the third time.
From the women’s team, Natasha Novak, Ellen Shanahan, Ana Utrilla Benito, Daniela Latoni and Blanca Benet Garcia were named ITA Scholar-Athletes for the second time while Priyanka Mitta, Margot Pessy and Meredith Lee won the honor for the fourth time.
The college environment is an integral part of the college tennis experience and adds to the unique student-athlete experience found on college campuses across the country.
To be named an ITA athlete-scholar, the following conditions must be met:
- have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- appear on the establishment’s eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher (on a scale of 4.00),
- all student-athletes included must be listed on the institution’s eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners must be considered in the team’s cumulative GPA for the current academic year
Male winners (GPA):
Honored Women (GPA):
FOLLOW THE DUKS
For the latest news and updates for Duquesne tennis, follow @Duq_Tennis on Twitter and @duquesnetennis on Instagram.